Take the Tolerance Test!
your school, or do groups within your school say they promote “tolerance?” Are there Safe Zones, Diversity Days, or Gay-Straight
Alliance Clubs in your school? We
encourage you to take the Tolerance Test. Every day in schools across
spring we are launching the year-round Change Is Possible
Campaign to promote True Tolerance and to protect a Student’s Right
to Choose Change. Although
we will run the campaign year-round, we encourage you to take the Tolerance
Test now. Only you can tell
us if your school, and groups within your school, are truly tolerant.
Here’s How the Tolerance Test Works:
1. Get a copy of your school’s policies on how to distribute literature, put up posters, and make announcements over the PA system.
2. Read our brochure to find out what your First Amendment rights are in public schools.
3. If the school policies are consistent with our First Amendment rights brochure, then ask permission to distribute literature and put up posters with the message that Change is Possible. If the policies seem wrong to you, give Liberty Counsel a call at 1-800-671-1776.
4. Start a GSC – Gay to Straight Club.
5. Ask to include the ex-gay viewpoint in diversity day presentations that discuss homosexuality. You can even ask your GSA if you can present your message – find out if your GSA is truly tolerant.
6. Contact Liberty Counsel if you are told you can’t share your message with friends.
Report your results to Liberty Counsel.
If your school is truly tolerant, it will allow you to share the message
that students can overcome unwanted same-sex attractions.
Here are Resources to Help:
Organizations that affirm a person’s choice to leave homosexuality: